Originally posted: March 26, 2020
[Resources last updated: March 31, 2020]
New emergency legislation and government orders have drastically impacted all corners of the US economy. The title & escrow industry is no exception. Starting in mid March, updates have descended on an hourly basis as associations, local and federal governments, and other leaders look to deliver guidance in light of unprecedented circumstances.
Navigating these changes and delivering up-to-date information to employees is paramount for title & escrow businesses to effectively perform their daily functions and inform clients and consumers about what to expect for real estate closings in light of COVID-19.
Below is a curated list of resources that are available for title & escrow businesses to stay on top of changes with verified information on closures, COVID-19 guidance, underwriter policy changes, and general information on business continuity and remote work. We will continue to update this page with reliable resources as they become available.
County recording closures and advisories
Up-to-date COVID-19 guidance and best practices
- ALTA: What Every Title Agent Needs to Know About the Latest COVID-19 Stimulus Package
- NNA: Coronavirus guidance for signing agents and mobile notaries from the National Notary Association
- National Association of Realtors (NAR): COVID-19 guide
- ALTA: Business operation tools during COVID-19
- ALTA: Updates on the SECURE Notarization Act (national RON legislation)
- CLTA: Coronavirus guidance
- CATIC: Up-to-date information on underwriter policy changes
Resources for maintaining business continuity
- Qualia: What to Do When Your County Recording Office is Closed
- Qualia: A Proactive Approach to Disaster Recovery and Public Health Threats: Create a Business Continuity Plan
- Qualia: Considerations for Notaries and Signing Agents During COVID-19
Remote work best practices and tools for success
- Qualia: New to Remote Work? Here’s How to Set up Yourself and your Team
- Qualia: Technology and Tools for Remote Work Success
- Qualia Webinar: Step-by-Step Guidance on Switching to a Remote Workforce
- Qualia Knowledge Base (for Qualia customers)
- LinkedIn: New to Working Remotely? These Resources Can Help
- Hone Webinar: Best Practices for Live Online Training: 3 Keys to Developing Your Remote Teams
- Intuit: Working Remotely Series for Tax Professionals
As more information and resources become available we will update this page with additional links and reputable sources.