Yesterday kicked off the first day of ALTA ONE sessions. Today, the conference will continue with 18 presentations, panels and workshops. Our daily ALTA ONE guides provide our take on the can’t-miss sessions and events each day of the conference. Here’s our recommended presentations you’ll want to attend today (Thursday, October 24). Plus, don’t miss Qualia’s after-hours event happening on Rainey Street — details below.
The Unexpected Benefits of Digital Closings | Congressional B, 12:30 – 1:30 pm
- Why you should attend: It’s widely discussed that digital closings are transforming the closing experience for the homebuyer; however, these types of transactions are also benefiting title & escrow operations. This session will examine the ways in which digital closings ease internal operations and create efficiencies for more productive and happy teams.
- Come prepared with: Questions for Chris Mule of Tennessee Title Services, LLC. (one of the speakers for this session) on his experience completing the state’s first fully-digital closing. Mule’s colleague, Josh Terry, joined Qualia on stage at RESPRO to discuss his thoughts on eClosings last month. Read the recap here.
Building Your Bench: Eight Talents to Look for in Your Next Recruit | Congressional A, 2:00 – 3:00 pm
- Why you should attend: This session will deliver fresh insights on a longstanding conversation in the title & escrow space: how to attract the next generation of title professionals. The speakers in this presentation believe that there are innate qualities all title & escrow professionals possess that keep them in the business for decades. This session will provide a blueprint for sourcing new, passionate employees who will stick with your company and deliver value for many years to come.
- Come prepared with: We caught up with session speaker, Bill O’Connell, last month to discuss his perspective on talent recruitment. Read his thoughts on how to find the right talent here before you attend.
Redefine Your Customer Experience | Marigold, 2:00 – 2:30 pm
- Why you should attend: We’ve talked about the Amazon Effect in the past — the idea that Amazon is impacting real estate through its influence on customer expectations. Amazon’s focus on customer experience has revolutionized online transactions so much so that now, no matter the purchase, customers expect a convenient, streamlined experience. This session focuses on the technology, tools, and mindset needed to deliver a truly exceptional customer experience.
- Come prepared with: A baseline understanding of homebuyers’ digital expectations. Our recent post outlines homebuyers’ expectations from home search to closing. Check it out here before you attend this session.
Preparing for Cyber Attacks | Congressional A, 3:00 – 4:00 pm
- Why you should attend: Cyber security threats are rapidly evolving as cyber criminals home in on real estate businesses and develop more sophisticated measures to infiltrate software systems and communication channels. This session will provide actionable advice to help you better educate your clients, improve organizational security, and protect yourself.
- Come prepared with: No distractions. This action-oriented session will provide timely steps every business should take to safeguard their business and their clients from cyber criminals.
Tell them Qualia Sent You | Rainey Street, 4:30 – 10:00 pm
- Why you should attend: Qualia, Agents National Title Insurance Company, Realtor.com, and BankUnited want to give you the VIP treatment down Rainey Street in Austin. You’ll get to meet our team and mingle with other friends of Qualia at the best of Rainey Street bars including The Alibi, Lustre Pearl, Bungalow, and Parlor Room.
- Come prepared with: Connect with us at booth #51 during conference hours to get your all access pass.