In “Qualia Spotlight” we illuminate life at Qualia and the people & perspectives that are shaping the future of real estate closings.
Ann Moenius believes that when an opportunity reveals itself, you should take it. With this mindset, she has taken on new cities, new companies, and new roles — moving from Chicago, to Boston, and eventually to Austin where she leveled up to Enterprise Accounts Team Manager at Qualia within a few short months of tenure.
Her strategic risk-taking and optimistic outlook embody the true Qualia spirit. Ann joined Qualia earlier this year when demand for the product had burgeoned. Her high standards and ambitious attitude were a perfect match for Qualia’s growing customer support team. Since joining the team, Qualia’s Customer Support Team has undergone significant changes to drastically improve customer experience. We sat down with Ann to learn about her career path and how she is bringing fresh perspective and new processes to Customer Support at Qualia.
CAN YOU DESCRIBE WHAT YOU DO AT QUALIA?
When I started, my first focus was to identify areas for improvement in light of increased demand from so many large accounts. Our goal was to provide a consultative service and personalized experience for all of our customers. I helped formalize executive business review processes to ensure our Account Managers serve as strategic partners for customers when it comes to their ROI with Qualia. I also built processes to streamline the onboarding experience for our customers and provide ongoing support and training for new employees.
Day-to-day, I manage our enterprise accounts team, which is made up of our account managers and onboarding specialists. We are strategic partners and work with some of Qualia’s largest customers during and after product implementation. Our top priority is ensuring that they are getting the most out of the Qualia ecosystem of products and overall experience. A typical workday ranges from collaborating with Qualia sales, product, and CS teams, collaborating with customers as an added layer of support, and building out systems internally and externally to create a better experience for our customers.
WHAT LED YOU TO JOIN QUALIA?
I’ve been very fortunate to work with two other companies that have actively shifted industry-landscapes. Through these experiences, I discovered my passion for fast-paced, high-impact organizations. So when I was looking for my next opportunity, I specifically wanted to work with a company that was leading industry innovations.
At Qualia, my work involves not only making an impact on our product but also improving the industry-partners we serve. Within the real estate industry, there has never been a solution like Qualia. Collaborating with an enthusiastic, skilled sales team to share our product with customers — especially when it’s truly something that they’ve never interacted with, and often, never imagine possible — is fantastic!
HOW HAS WORKING AT QUALIA SHAPED YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT?
At Qualia, I have had the opportunity to use my previous industry experience at rapidly-growing companies to build a team that has already doubled in size over the last two months! Joining Qualia at a point of tremendous growth means I’ve had an impact not only in shaping but also in creating and maintaining systems that have a direct impact on our customers.
Our executive team emphasizes career development and it inspires me to think big picture about how we’ll continue to build the team here at Qualia. I love that I was given the opportunity to learn the product and industry while in a revenue-generating role, and then transition over to my current role to build a key piece of the Qualia team.
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO SOMEONE WHO WAS INTERESTED IN PURSUING A SIMILAR CAREER PATH AS YOU?
I would give three main pieces of advice:
- Take chances when you find a company that is doing something you want to be a part of. If I had let fear stand in the way, I don’t think I would have found the roles I have taken so far in my career. It was scary moving to Chicago without a full-time offer — just a contract role. It was even scarier to leave that company once I knew it was my time. But if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have found Qualia.
- Become an obsessive learner and researcher. The challenge of taking on a new role, a new industry, whatever, is part of the thrill. As long as you’re prepared and constantly using your resources, you’ll grow into the right role for you.
- Connect with colleagues inside and outside of your department. Learning about others’ experiences will help you understand the big picture.
WHAT THREE PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS ARE YOU MOST MINDFUL OF?
IF YOU WERE TO SUMMARIZE YOUR LIFE SO FAR, WHAT WOULD THE HIGHLIGHT REEL LOOK LIKE?
- A true midwesterner at heart —I grew up in Kansas and graduated from the University of Nebraska.
- Saved a lot on rent living out of a suitcase for a year as a consultant.
- Discovered my love of technology while working for a company that offered a web-based software solution to sports teams.
- Moved to Chicago to enter into the world of e-commerce.
- Moved to Boston to open a new office for the e-commerce company.
- Built a team out there, learned about working cross-functionally with departments like product, marketing, and operations.
- After six years with the e-commerce company, I knew it was time for some change, so I decided to move to Austin.
- After a few months of searching, I found Qualia and knew I had to be a part of it.
WORDS ABOUT Ann FROM TEAM QUALIA